Peter Wright’s emphatic maiden World Championship was inspired and driven by a prototype barrel design, featuring a modified Razor Edge grip profile, combined with a PVD dual coating. Pete has been searching for darting perfection for over a decade, so that he could bring the amazing game that he knows he has to the World Stage. This particular prototype was the result of weeks of trajectory analysis, dynamic testing and relentless fine tuning. Delivered to Peter just days before his first game, Peter said, “When I got this dart and I felt it in my hand, I just knew it was absolutely perfect.” After testing the darts for just a day, Peter was simply blown away with just how well he was hitting the big scores. Pinpoint accuracy on all doubles also allowed him unbelievable flexibility on critical high check outs. Peter said about the grip, “I kept having to pick them back up as they felt so unbelievably good. Nobody believed me when I said I would win the Worlds with this set…so now they will have to.” Peter’s World Championship 2020 Edition features the tournament winning modification to Red Dragon’s trademark Razor Edge grip, with its unique lower profile and higher pitch. This subtle adjustment has provided Peter with the perfect grip, 6 years after his previous World Championship final appearance, where he also used Razor Edge profiling, thus completing what is undoubtedly one of the best fairy-tale stories in world darts.
- Darts: x3 Darts per set
- Flights: x1 Set – Players extra thick standard
- Shafts: x1 Set – Nitrotech polycarbonate medium
- Wallet/Case: Premium Snakebite packaging
- Brand: Red Dragon Darts
Darts Technical Specification:
- Barrel Weight: 20 grams
- Tungsten (%): 90% Tungsten alloy
- Dimensions: 6.6mm x 54.6mm
- Thread: 2BA
- Weight Distribution: Centre
- Barrel Profile: Specialist
- Front Profile: Eliptical
- Point Type: Black high tensile
Dart Grip Characteristics:
- Grip Type: buttress grooves, square grooves
- Grip Level: 4
- Grip Zone: Full length
- Model Number: RDD2268
- Quantity: 3 Darts per set
- Our digital images are as accurate as possible. However, different monitors may cause colors to vary slightly.
- Some of our items are handcrafted and/or hand finished. Color can vary and slight imperfections in the metal work are normal and considered evidence of the hand-finishing process, which adds character and authenticity to those items.